Now that 2017 is here, it may be time to consider reviewing your personal insurance program. Most people don’t take time to review exposures, options, or their current economic condition before making their insurance purchase. We want to help you, so we prepared these insurance buying tips for 2017.
1. Don’t buy insurance through the internet – Call our agency and let us provide outstanding service along with competitive pricing.
2. Maintain good credit - Regularly check your credit score, since a low score may impact your premium.
3. Review your auto limits – If you have limits of less than $100,000, that won't even cover the medical bills in a serious accident. The minimum liability coverage that anyone with any assets or income to protect should be carrying is $500,000 to $1 million or more.
4. Maintain a home inventory – Having an accurate account of your personal property can provide for greater recovery in the event of a loss.
5. Bundle your insurance – Combine your auto, home and umbrella policies with one insurer to receive greater discounts.
6. Set the right deductible - A higher deductible reduces your premium, but you have to pay more out of pocket in the event of an accident. If you have a good driving record and haven’t had an accident, you may want to gamble and opt for a higher premium. The reward for this risk could be up to a 40% savings.
7. Consider Identity Theft – Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the U.S.
8. Buy from a financially strong company – Your insurance is only as good as the company who stands behind the policy. The insurance company should have an “A+” rating or higher.
9. Call us today and let us help protect what is important to you.
At MLC Insurance Agency we believe our greatest asset is the relationships we build with our clients and we are dedicated to being the right choice for all of your insurance and financial needs. We take pride in our ability to tailor a comprehensive package that maximizes your insurance protection while minimizing money out of your pocket.