An Auto Safety Review
Winter weather can be very unpredictable which can create driving difficulties for many drivers. According to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), 60% of U.S. roads are located within cold-weather zones that receive heavy snow every winter and that most accidental deaths during those months are attributable to auto accidents.
Over the next few months, you can expect the unexpected when it comes to winter driving. Here are a few tips to help you get to where you are going safely.
- Avoid using cruise control on wet, icy or snowy roads.
- Don’t drive while if you are tired.
- Keep your tank full of gas.
- Increase your following distance.
- Clear all snow and ice from your vehicle.
- When driving on snow, accelerate slowly, helping you to gain traction and avoid skids. Break slowly as well.
- Be prepared and inspect your car prior to travel.
- Keep a safety kit in your truck, including blanket, boots, gloves, hat, flashlight, water and shovel.
All of us at MLC Insurance Agency truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.