On average, annually there are over 9,000 home fires directly related to barbecuing. According to the National Fire Prevention Association, last year over 16,000 people went to the emergency room and there was $80 million in direct property damage from barbecuing.
General Grilling Safety
- Never barbecue inside, in a garage, on the roof, or on a second story deck.
- Do not let raw meat sit out long without being chilled or cooked.
- Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
- Do not over indulge in alcohol while barbecuing.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grill and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Be aware that grills themselves can remain hot long after extinguished.
- If you are using a charcoal grill, let the lighter fluid soak into the coals a few minutes before lighting them so that any vapors have time to evaporate.
- Open the grill lid before you light it.
- Do not wear loose fitting clothing.
- Keep an extinguisher outside or close by.
- Make sure you use the grill 10 feet away from your house.
Protect what matters most to you with Park City, Heber City, Car, Home, Health, Life & Business insurance. We offer the best combination of competitive rates, coverage and personal service in Park City.
Get a Fast Free Online Quote. We have great rates! Park City, Heber City, Commercial Auto Insurance, Contractors Insurance & General Liability Insurance.