Park City Homeowner’s Insurance
If you over-celebrate and do have a loss or damage, please call our office. It is very likely that the claim would be covered under your Park City homeowner’s insurance policy.
General 4th of July safety
Be a safe swimmer. Water sports and fireworks are two of the biggest pastimes for Fourth of July celebrations, and these are both linked to numerous deaths and injuries each year. Never swim alone, and make sure that kids' water play is adequately supervised at all times.
Be a safe boater. Never consume alcohol while driving a boat. Set water safety rules for your family and passengers.
Use alcohol responsibly. Alcohol and fireworks can be a hazardous and dangerous combination.
Use sun screen. At the start of summer skin is especially tender, so use a high SPF.
Keep alert for local weather conditions. Check to see if any warning signs or flags are posted.
Remember your pet. They are not used to all the fireworks, so keep them inside.
Grill safely. Before you use your grill, make sure all hoses are secure and leak-free. Never grill inside. Keep grill away for al structures.
- Never try to make your own fireworks.
- Light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from the house, dry leaves, and flammable materials.
- Only use legal store bought fireworks.
- Don’t point sparklers or fireworks at yourself or others.
- Make sure spectators are out of range before lighting fireworks.
- Always keep matches and lighter fluid far away from fireworks.
- Read labels and carefully follow directions.
- Only light fireworks on the ground and in areas that are dry and fire resistant.
- Don’t attempt to light multiple devices at the same time.
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks or sparklers.
- Teach children to “stop, drop, and roll” if their clothes catch fire.
- Always keep a portable fire extinguisher close by. Also keep a water hose or buckets of water nearby to put out fires.
Thanks to our sources