Here Are Some Simple Safety Tips For Your Tailgate Party
- Keep food at a safe temperature while transporting from home to the game.
- Keep foods separated in plastic bags.
- Preparing and cooking meat requires using proper sanitation.
- Always cook meat completely. Hot foods must be kept at 140°F or higher. If you've prepared all your food at home, make sure it's quickly cooled. Then, keep it below 40°F.
- When packing the cooler, be sure raw meat and poultry are wrapped securely and separately.
- Don’t let food sit out for hours.
- If you serve any fish/shellfish make sure your party guests don’t have allergies. Don’t use the same cooking surface for fish/shellfish and other foods.
- Even on cloudy days, you may have a need for sunscreen.
- Drink lots of water.
- Pack lots of ice to keep foods fresh.
- Try to monitor drinking; there is nothing worse than a drunken football fan.
- If you use a grill, make sure you follow all manufacturer's safety instructions.
- Don’t use a grill close to any vehicles.
- Keep lighter fluid away from grill or heat.
- Always have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand.
All of us at MLC Insurance Agency truly value the long-term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.